Friday 24 January 2014

Beginners guide :- How to knead the perfect dough for chapathi

I love chapathi's especially with chicken curry :) But i always hate the idea of making chapathi's just because I need to knead the dough. But after marriage there is no excuse of not making chapathi just because you are lazy and don't want to knead (he he) so here I am. My first attempt of kneading the aatta turned to such a bad experience that I couldn't make even one chapathi with that dough :D.

But now after many years of marriage, making dough is such an easy thing and part of my daily work. I just thought of sharing this post here to make life easier for the beginners.

Here I am giving the steps which does not require oil. If you are particular about putting oil in the dough then you can add it any time during the process.

S. No
Items Required
Quantity
1
Whole wheat/aatta
2 cups
2
Water
1 1/4 cups
3
Salt
as required


Mix aatta and salt in a wide mixing bowl.


Now pour little bit water and start mixing the dough. Keep adding water and keep kneading. Don't pour too much water at a time. Take your time and knead till all the flour comes together.



Now the tricky step is here. Wet your hands and knead the dough. Don't take too much of water else it will be difficult to knead and the dough will become sticky. If that happens add little more flour and knead. 

Now spread the dough with your hand and roll it back half. Now wet your hands again and knead it. Continue this till your dough becomes smooth and soft.



Now cover the dough with a lid or you can cover it with a cloth. Let it set for 30 minutes and you can make fluffy and round chapathi's/roti's now.



This is not a difficult task girls. Practice it and I am sure you will master it :) 


Tips:-

Add oil in the mix for making poori dough. For poori knead the dough with less water.





5 comments:

  1. Tats a good easy simple recipe, i keep buying readymade once as it never turns right for me, anyways ll try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please try and let me know. Its very easy. If the dough is very sticky then add some more aatta flour and knead again.

      Delete
  2. reminded our first chappathy attempt.. cant beat rubber sheet :)..
    i will try this way ..Even I was too lazy about making the mix..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...